Cloud Computing has become an important part of information technology infrastructure. The outstanding features promise to change the entire technology system in the world. Nowadays, many vendors deploy cloud computing systems such as: Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, VMware, Citrix and so on with different computing solutions.
With a growing scale of cloud computing, security for cloud computing is truly a critical issue. Cisco, one of the leading vendors in cloud computing, launched one kind of product which matches with security safety for cloud virtualization: Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall.
Unlike traditional firewalls, Cisco ASA 1000V is designed specifically with the ability to support the virtualization environment of the cloud.
Designed at the edge of the cloud, ASA 1000v brings the following values:
Proven firewall to secure private and public clouds
- Secures the cloud perimeter against network-based attacks
- Supports consistent capabilities across hybrid infrastructures: physical, virtual, and cloud
- Uses the most widely deployed secure connectivity solution that reliably extends IT infrastructure to the cloud and transfers mission-critical workloads between distributed locations without compromise
Increased solution flexibility and operational efficiency
- Provides deployment flexibility and simpler management with distinctive capabilities for a single ASA 1000V instance to span multiple ESX hosts
- Enhances efficiency and simplifies management with security policies organized into template edge profiles
- Decreases end-to-end time to deploy a fully functional virtual machine by automatically provisioning IP addresses to virtual machines at a rapid pace
Comprehensive approach to new virtualization workflows
- Employs an advanced, cloud-ready manager, offering a transparent, scalable, multitenant-capable, policy-based solution, for end-to-end security of virtual and cloud environments
- Helps ensure collaborative governance with role-relevant management interfaces for network, server, and security administrators
- Integrates with the Nexus 1000V Series Switch
- Integrates with Cisco VNMC
- Complements Cisco VSG