Humans have been still growing & technology has been the same! Recent years have witnessed a lot of change of wireless and mobility industry. And these trends such us wireless connection or the Internet of Things (IoT) will be the future!
Wireless Network (WLAN) is a system of devices that are grouped together, capable of communicating over radio waves instead of wires. Simply stated, wireless network uses technology that allows two or more devices to connect with each other using a standard protocol without physical connections (cables).
Due to the advantage that the devices are capable of communicating with each other through radio waves without wires, it creates the portability for devices.
Benefits of using wireless and mobility networks
– Wireless network allows devices to be connected together without any wires. This is a powerful proposition for many businesses to choose to install wireless networks. In addition, wireless networks often require fewer components than wired networks do, and they do not have any other bulky ties to cables. This allows companies to maximize space when setting up their network infrastructure and provides that space for business operations.
– Mobility improves performance and services: Wireless network systems provide access to information anywhere for network users in their organizations. This mobility improves the performance and services that a wired network can not do.
– Simple and fast installation: Installing a wireless network is quick and easy compared to a wired network because you do not have to pull wires through walls and ceilings.
– Reduce the cost of investment: While the initial investment of the hardware required for wireless network is more expensive than the one for wired LAN hardware, the total installation cost and lifetime cost of wireless network are significantly lower.
– Flexibility: Wireless network systems are designed following different topologies to meet the needs of specific applications and settings. Network configurations are easy to change from stand-alone networks suitable for the limited number of users to infrastructure networks with thousands of users in a large area, and allow the network to go to places where the wired network cannot reach as well.
Wireless and mobility network products
Wireless and mobility products provide anywhere, anytime access to network resources with the same quality of experience as a wired network. That is why over the years the industry has made great strides and development on devices.
Some Cisco products
- Access Point
The Cisco Aironet access point is a bridge that connects wireless devices to the network, providing ubiquitous network access for indoor and outdoor environments. Next-generation wireless solutions from Cisco provide robust wireless coverage up to 9 times compared to the throughput of 802.11a / b / g networks while Cisco enterprise wireless networks enable safe indoor and outdoor deployment, scalablity and cost-effectivity.
– Indoor Access Point:
- Aironet 1250 Series
- Arionet 1240AG Series
- Arionet 1140 Series
- Arionet 1130AG Series
– Outdoor Access Point:
- Cisco Arionet 1500 Series
- Cisco Arionet 1520 Series
- Arionet 1300 Series
- Arionet 1400 Series
- Client Devices
Cisco Aironet Wireless LAN Client Adapters quickly connects mobile and desktop devices to an 802.11a / b / g wireless LAN. In addition to operating systems and utilities, Cisco teamed up with industry-leading partners to provide scalable interoperability. Cisco Secure Services Client is a client software that provides security and management services for identity-based connections in wired and wireless networks.
- Cisco Client Adapter
- Cisco Compatible Extensions Program
- Cisco Secure Guest Service Application
- Wireless LAN controller
Integrating wired and wireless networks is important for the control, scalability, security, and reliability of a unified network. Unified network services are available across multiple platforms including wireless LAN controllers, switches and integrated routers that allow network managers to build enterprise-level secure wireless networks, plan for advanced management, configuration and management of wireless LANs as well as location tracking.
Wireless LAN controller
Cisco wireless LAN controllers are integrated into existing enterprise networks to enhance management and efficiency. They communicate with Cisco Aironet access points through any Layer 2 (Ethernet) or Layer 3 (IP) infrastructure and are responsible for processing functionality throughout the system.
- Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controller
- Cisco 4400 Series Wireless LAN Controller
- Cisco 2100 Series Wireless LAN Controller
Switches and Wireless Integrated Routers
Integrated switches and routers help save cost for centralized networks and wireless integrated networks. This platform is integrated to reduce hardware costs, simplify remote management, and provide flexible configuration options that can reduce total operating and ownership costs.
- Wireless Catalyst 6500 Series / 7600 Series (WiSM) Wireless Services Module
- Cisco Catalyst 3750G Integrated Wireless LAN Controller
- Cisco Wireless LAN Control Module
- Cisco 880 Series Integrated Services Routers with Integrated 802.11n Access Point
- Cisco 3200 Series Wireless and Mobile Routers
- Network Management
Network administrators need to save cost, reliable tools for planning, configuring, and managing wireless LANs. These tools must be available and help simplify operation with easy-to-use graphical interfaces.
– Manage wireless LANs for Lightweight Access Points
- Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS)
- Cisco Wireless Control System Navigator
- Cisco Wireless Location Device
– Manage wireless LANs for Autonomous Access Points
- CiscoWorks Wireless LAN Solution Engine (WLSE)
- CiscoWorks Wireless LAN Solution Engine Express
- Mobile Service
Cisco Motion introduces a new approach to mobile services that combines applications, devices and networks as a platform. Cisco 3300 Series Mobility Services Engine supports multiple mobile service modules. This tool provides full access to enterprise mobility by separating network control from services and applications. Through its open platform, the tool provides high coverage for wireless networks.
- Cisco 3300 Series Mobile Service Tool
- Cisco Context-aware Software
- Adaptive Wireless IPS Software
Wireless networks continue to get more and better support and more reliable ratings for many of the businesses that are using it.